Think about Nottingham and the first thing that springs to mind is Sherwood Forest, Robin Hood and Maid Marian and robbing from the rich to give to the poor – not insurance.
This isn’t surprising considering that there is only one insurer, Allianz, with an office in the city (see box opposite).
But this is not to say there isn’t an insurance community in the region and, as Insurance Age found, there are plenty of brokers committed to staying there.
The Wilson Organisation has been active in
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Circle expands again in 2018