Think about Nottingham and the first thing that springs to mind is Sherwood Forest, Robin Hood and Maid Marian and robbing from the rich to give to the poor – not insurance.
This isn’t surprising considering that there is only one insurer, Allianz, with an office in the city (see box opposite).
But this is not to say there isn’t an insurance community in the region and, as Insurance Age found, there are plenty of brokers committed to staying there.
The Wilson Organisation has been active in
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Ian Gosden retires from GRP-owned Higos
- Hayley Robinson takes on CUO role at Zurich UK