Think about Nottingham and the first thing that springs to mind is Sherwood Forest, Robin Hood and Maid Marian and robbing from the rich to give to the poor – not insurance.
This isn’t surprising considering that there is only one insurer, Allianz, with an office in the city (see box opposite).
But this is not to say there isn’t an insurance community in the region and, as Insurance Age found, there are plenty of brokers committed to staying there.
The Wilson Organisation has been active in
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR