Think about Nottingham and the first thing that springs to mind is Sherwood Forest, Robin Hood and Maid Marian and robbing from the rich to give to the poor – not insurance.
This isn’t surprising considering that there is only one insurer, Allianz, with an office in the city (see box opposite).
But this is not to say there isn’t an insurance community in the region and, as Insurance Age found, there are plenty of brokers committed to staying there.
The Wilson Organisation has been active in
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards