InsurTech is set to shrink the insurance market, according to Kenny Leitch, global connected insurance director at RSA.
“There is an opportunity to use data and technology to create fewer collisions, fewer injuries and fewer claims,” Leitch explained.
He added that by doing this insurers and brokers could lower their prices “in a very competitive market”.
“Technology will shrink the insurance market because it will stop things from happening in the first place,” Leitch continued.
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto