travel agents from making consumers take out travel insurance to qualify
for holiday discounts.
Market sources have indicated that the ruling, made last month by Dr Kim
Howells, minister for competition and consumer affairs, could lead to
travel agents losing up to 10% of their travel insurance business to the
likes of banks, building societies and insurance brokers.
Suzanne Moore, spokeswoman at the ABI told PB: "The broker will
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Freedom partners with ThingCo to launch Pukka Tech
- People Moves Round-up: 16-20 September 2019
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020