travel agents from making consumers take out travel insurance to qualify
for holiday discounts.
Market sources have indicated that the ruling, made last month by Dr Kim
Howells, minister for competition and consumer affairs, could lead to
travel agents losing up to 10% of their travel insurance business to the
likes of banks, building societies and insurance brokers.
Suzanne Moore, spokeswoman at the ABI told PB: "The broker will
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years