The deal to sell Markerstudy’s insurance companies to Qatar Re is “really positive” and good news for brokers and staff alike, Gary Humphreys has told Insurance Age.
The group underwriting director revealed the business, which has been at the centre of sale rumours for some time, had started working on its options early last year at which point it had “no hard and fast ideas about end results”.
“The challenges around Solvency II and constant comparison with bigger and financially rated
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- GRP’s purchase prices revealed
- In Person: Head of Marsh Networks David Hopwood
- Abbey owners Prestige buy Autoline
- Ex-Towergate and Aviva boss Mark Hodges joins ReAssure for IPO
- FCA insurance spend rises to £264,587 for 2018/19
- GRP pondering two more regional hubs