The deal to sell Markerstudy’s insurance companies to Qatar Re is “really positive” and good news for brokers and staff alike, Gary Humphreys has told Insurance Age.
The group underwriting director revealed the business, which has been at the centre of sale rumours for some time, had started working on its options early last year at which point it had “no hard and fast ideas about end results”.
“The challenges around Solvency II and constant comparison with bigger and financially rated
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing