LV has declined to comment on market speculation that it was recently in discussion with Royal London about a possible merger.
Sky News reported that talks between the two insurers took place recently but broke down amid disagreement over the structure of the deal.
A source confirmed to Insurance Age that LV and Royal London had held discussions in the past but added that at the moment LV does not have an appetite for a deal.
Insurance Age further understand that LV is not seeking merger part
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam