The opportunities for buyers in the regional market.
In the final edition of our week long look at succession planning Phil Bayles, chief distribution officer, intermediaries at Aviva highlights that buying activity is moving down the size layers.
Accepting that some of that activity is consolidator lead - large firms buying medium sized business, he also argues that there is a "big tranche" of regional brokers growing their volume, geographical reach and niches by making deals.
"It is regional guys buying down the chain," he sums up.
"They are keen to grow their businesses and see a good ten or 15 years ahead of them."
Hear more from Phil about the opportunities for brokers who may not have struck such deals before.
Catch up on all the series of videos in full:
Video: Succession planning (1) - the latest wave of consolidation
Video: Succession planning (2) - people
Video: Succession planning (3) - criteria for success
Video: Succession planning (4) - the range of funding options
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Higos makes 2016 loss but turnover grows
- Flood Re targets broker distribution
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- InsurTech Futures: Brokers urged not to sit on the side-lines
- Applied Systems reveals BHIB as second Epic user in UK