1) Don't assume your clients are immune to flooding because of their location
In previous decades, flooding tended to be limited to those buildings near major water courses and by the sea.
But flash flooding across the UK this summer, including in parts of central London, demonstrates that schools can be flooded in any location. This coupled with ongoing development, more hard-standing surfaces, plus more development on flood plain areas, has resulted in reduced drainage capacity and a build-up
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns