Mark Holweger, managing director, partnerships, at Legal & General (L&G) has highlighted the importance of insurers pricing for long-term weather following the release of the company's results for 2015.
L&G reported a profit of £51m for its general insurance unit (2014: £59m) and a combined operating ratio (COR) of 89% (2014: 87%).
Holweger noted the provider had "delivered a strong profit performance".
He told Insurance Age: "It has been driven primarily by our pricing, effective claims managem
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product