The Ministry of Justice (MoJ), has unveiled the Prisons and Courts Bill stating it would pave the way for the biggest overhaul of prisons in a generation and the delivery of a world-class court system.
In among the details from the department led by Justice Secretary Elizabeth Truss was an update on whiplash compensation reform.
The MOJ confirmed that there would be new fixed tariffs capping whiplash compensation pay-outs.
It also said there would be a ban on claims without medical evidence.
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- GRP’s purchase prices revealed
- In Person: Head of Marsh Networks David Hopwood
- Abbey owners Prestige buy Autoline
- Ex-Towergate and Aviva boss Mark Hodges joins ReAssure for IPO
- FCA insurance spend rises to £264,587 for 2018/19
- GRP pondering two more regional hubs