There were 6,652 patents filed globally for insurance fintech in 2015 compared to 50,446 filed in the payments sector.
In the banking sector, which had the second highest number of patents, 21,571 were filed.
A report by patent analysis, IP intelligence, portfolio management and technology transfer specialist Relecura, showed that insurance was behind payments, banks, wealth management and capital markets when it came to fintech patents filed.
The global brands who submitted the most patents
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed