Whether it is customers' personal details, credit card records or trade secrets, data is key to the operations and success of many businesses today. But, as this data can also be valuable to others, it's become a prime target for cyber criminals.
Just how valuable it is can be illustrated by some of the recent cyber attacks, with the likes of infidelity site Ashley Madison, Carphone Warehouse and British Airways all experiencing high-profile cyber attacks this year.
Size doesn't matter
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click