A man has been found guilty of fraudulently attempting to claim £100,000 in damages for an injury allegedly sustained at work.
A private prosecution, brought by Axa Commercial Lines and Personal Intermediary, secured a conviction for Paul Gustar on two counts of insurance fraud.
The jury at Truro Crown Court took just 42 minutes to unanimously find Gustar guilty. On handing down a three year jail sentence to Gustar, suspended for two years, His Honour Judge Harvey Clark said: "This insurance
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?