According to the broker trade body the sales of telematic-based car insurance cover will hit 500,000 in the next two years.
Biba highlighted that female drivers were likely to see an increase in motor premiums later this year due to the European gender rating ban and may benefit in particular from reduced premiums from telematics.
The research conducted by Biba in July 2012 revealed that in 2009 there were 12,000 live telematics policies with the main providers being Coverbox and ikube. This
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm