According to the broker trade body the sales of telematic-based car insurance cover will hit 500,000 in the next two years.
Biba highlighted that female drivers were likely to see an increase in motor premiums later this year due to the European gender rating ban and may benefit in particular from reduced premiums from telematics.
The research conducted by Biba in July 2012 revealed that in 2009 there were 12,000 live telematics policies with the main providers being Coverbox and ikube. This
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA