According to the broker trade body the sales of telematic-based car insurance cover will hit 500,000 in the next two years.
Biba highlighted that female drivers were likely to see an increase in motor premiums later this year due to the European gender rating ban and may benefit in particular from reduced premiums from telematics.
The research conducted by Biba in July 2012 revealed that in 2009 there were 12,000 live telematics policies with the main providers being Coverbox and ikube. This
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change