PPI payments hit £215m in first half of 2011

scales-money

The regulator stated that the rate of payment had increased from £29m in January to £65m in June after the dismissal of the legal challenge to the FSA and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

In a monthly breakdown of payments the FSA noted that £31m was paid in February and £28m in March and that £25m and £37m was paid in April and May respectively.

It added that 16 firms accounted for 92% of PPI complaints in the first half of 2011 with a further 400 making up the remaining 8%.

The regulator also

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact [email protected].

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact [email protected] to find out more.

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have an Insurance Age account, please register now.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: