Mr Payne has worked in the industry of 15 years beginning his career in marine and marine and transport insurance before moving into the legal expenses insurance market.
The company, which declined to enter this year's solicitors' professional indemnity market, said that in addition to developing ATE business he will be involved with the growth of its general insurance lines.
It added he would be tasked with ensuring that Elite was well placed to deal with the challenges of Lord Jackson's
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY