Mr Payne has worked in the industry of 15 years beginning his career in marine and marine and transport insurance before moving into the legal expenses insurance market.
The company, which declined to enter this year's solicitors' professional indemnity market, said that in addition to developing ATE business he will be involved with the growth of its general insurance lines.
It added he would be tasked with ensuring that Elite was well placed to deal with the challenges of Lord Jackson's
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders