Nearly half of young adults have no contents insurance

The poll by questioned 1,467 people in the UK, aged 18-25 and living away from their parents. Its findings showed that 78% of the respondents were renting their home, while the remaining 22% had a mortgage.

Of the respondents that admitted to not having home insurance, 41% were students while 7% had a mortgage. When questioned why this was the case more than half, 54%, claimed they didn't have contents insurance because they just ‘hadn't got round to it' while 6% admitted

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact [email protected].

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact [email protected] to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Insurance Age? View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have an Insurance Age account, please register now.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: