Responding to Sir Tom Hunter’s comments, David Matthewson, Scotland sales director at specialist business finance provider, Bibby Financial Services, said: “It is discouraging to see that business start-up rates in Scotland have fallen significantly below UK rates last year, reaching their lowest level since they began to be recorded 10 year ago.
“There is no doubt that the global economic slowdown has led to reluctance amongst would-be entrepreneurs to start up businesses and invest in new
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey