QBE is aiming to become one of the major players in the UK and European commercial property market after bringing in a leading property underwriter from RSA.
The insurer has appointed Finlay Smith as portfolio manager for its UK and European property operation.
Bernard Mageean, managing director of property at QBE European Operations, said the appointment would bring more focus to QBE's property business.
"This will give our property business more consistency. There has been no real focus on all ou
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud