QBE is aiming to become one of the major players in the UK and European commercial property market after bringing in a leading property underwriter from RSA.
The insurer has appointed Finlay Smith as portfolio manager for its UK and European property operation.
Bernard Mageean, managing director of property at QBE European Operations, said the appointment would bring more focus to QBE's property business.
"This will give our property business more consistency. There has been no real focus on all ou
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five