The Folgate Partnership acquired high-profile Yorkshire-based firmRBR Insurance Brokers.
RBR, based in Ilkley, controls in excess of £9m gross written premium ofmainly commercial business and is widely known through its sponsorship ofthe Bradford Bulls rugby league club.
Folgate said the move would strengthen its already significant presence inthe region alongside SMG, which was the Folgate Partnership's first brokeracquisition in April 2002.
The combined RBR/SMG operation will control premiums
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall