Equestrian specialist South Essex Insurance Brokers (SEIB) has been sold to Ecclesiastical Insurance for an undisclosed sum.
The purchase, which was uncovered by Insurance Age last month, will see the formation of a new board, with Ecclesiastical's group chief executive, Michael Tripp, assuming the chairmanship and Barry Fehler, managing director at SEIB, taking up the role of deputy chairman. Ecclesiastical's managing director, Steve Wood, will also sit on the new board.
"We have been reviewing o
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand