Hiscox is to shut down its private clients operation in Bristol as part of a plan to scale back its household offering.
Broker clients based in the Bristol-area will now be supported by Hiscox's Maidenhead and Birmingham offices. The company will, however, continue to underwrite commercial risks from Bristol, keeping its three commercial underwriters on staff there. The two underwriters on the private client side have been made redundant.
Elsewhere, the company announced that it will no longer ren
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services