Hiscox is to shut down its private clients operation in Bristol as part of a plan to scale back its household offering.
Broker clients based in the Bristol-area will now be supported by Hiscox's Maidenhead and Birmingham offices. The company will, however, continue to underwrite commercial risks from Bristol, keeping its three commercial underwriters on staff there. The two underwriters on the private client side have been made redundant.
Elsewhere, the company announced that it will no longer ren
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints