Zurich's UK general insurance business (Zurich) has reported a business operating profit of $495m for 2005.
The insurer said that financial and operational discipline would remain key in 2006 and its aim was to be the leading insurer in its chosen markets. Zurich also reported a gross written premium (GWP) of $3,967m and a combined ratio of 96.1%
Ian Stuart, chief executive officer of Zurich UK General Insurance, said: "The general insurance business in the UK continues to be a major contribut
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData