Personal lines specialist Swinton has hailed growth in its household book after the broker reported record trading profits of £29.6m for 2005. The company's surplus rose by 27.6% from £23.2m in 2004, while its gross written premium went up by 8.2% to £436.8m. The group's net income also rose substantially to £125.4m from £109.3m in 2004. Patrick Smith, chief executive of Swinton group, commented "Swinton has now seen considerable growth in both premiums and profitability over recent years."
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019