The introduction of new risk-management rules for solicitors could help reduce negligence claims against its legal clients for common mistakes, according to Zurich.
Zurich Professional welcomed the new Solicitors' Code of Conduct 2007, and in particular 'Rule 5', which deals with business management. The insurer said a commitment to risk management and a professional conduct requirement had been made for the first time.
Christine Bohner, head of Zurich Professional, said Rule 5 would impose
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019