Brit Insurance has said its full-year results will be "significantly higher" than the £32m current market consensus after it netted £54m through currency differences. However, Brit hiked its loss estimates for Hurricanes Ike and Gustav to $112m from $98m. The company said it expected a full-year return of 0.16%, with a £21.3m return in the fourth quarter.
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017