Fortis Insurance has reported overall gross written premiums (GWP) for the second quarter 2005 of £297m, an increase of 1% over the same period in 2004 (Q2 £294m). Fortis's household insurance book saw a year on year growth of 7% GWP to £54m (2004: Q2 £50m) while the travel sector has delivered a GWP increase of 49% to £23m (2004 Q2 £16m). However, with the downward pressure in the motor market led by the direct writers, Fortis Insurance's GWP fell 5% at £190m (2004 Q2 £200m).
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance