Alliance & Leicester has entered the car insurance market, with a pledge that it will beat any renewal quote by £10. Motor insurance is the first of several stand-alone insurance products the bank will be offering in partnership with Equity Insurance. Nathan Barber-Kebby, insurance manager at Alliance & Leicester, said: "We are challenging the players in the market, who may rely on customer apathy, to retain business rather than delivering great value."
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018