Former Groupama managing director Tim Ablett has spoken of "anopportunity that was just too good to turn down" after leaving the Frenchinsurer to mastermind the management buyout of Royal & Sun Alliance(RSA)'s healthcare and assistance operations.
The deal, valued at £147m, will see the UK giant dispose of several units,including the subsidiary First Assist.
Mr Ablett was part of the team that set up RSA's healthcare and assistanceunit in 1997 before leaving to join Groupama, as was Steve Wood
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud