Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT) has warned that Bernard Madoff's alleged £32bn fraud could potentially have a huge impact on the insurance market.
Paul Towler, a partner at JLT, said: "The litigious environment that prevails means it's inevitable that financial institutions who invested clients' assets in Madoff's funds will face actions from disgruntled clients seeking to recover lost monies. The likely focus of clients will be the level of due diligence performed by the financial institutions.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five