Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT) has warned that Bernard Madoff's alleged £32bn fraud could potentially have a huge impact on the insurance market.
Paul Towler, a partner at JLT, said: "The litigious environment that prevails means it's inevitable that financial institutions who invested clients' assets in Madoff's funds will face actions from disgruntled clients seeking to recover lost monies. The likely focus of clients will be the level of due diligence performed by the financial institutions.
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019