Cobra said its acquisition of UKI (UK & Ireland) and its subsidiary, UK & Ireland Insurance Services, for approximately £4.3m, would enable it to develop its presence across the North-west.
Commenting on the deal, Steve Burrows, chief executive at Cobra, said: "We are delighted to have acquired UK & Ireland, which introduces new revenue streams and opportunities to the group. It also provides Cobra with a hub in the Manchester region - an area where we are keen to expand.
"This is the second a
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers