Cobra said its acquisition of UKI (UK & Ireland) and its subsidiary, UK & Ireland Insurance Services, for approximately £4.3m, would enable it to develop its presence across the North-west.
Commenting on the deal, Steve Burrows, chief executive at Cobra, said: "We are delighted to have acquired UK & Ireland, which introduces new revenue streams and opportunities to the group. It also provides Cobra with a hub in the Manchester region - an area where we are keen to expand.
"This is the second
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018