Manchester-based broker Alec Finch became the third independent broker to be sold in a single week amid a flurry of acquisition activity last month.
The insurance and risk management firm was bought by French insurance group Verlingue, which will add Alec Finch's Halifax, London and Manchester offices to its existing branches in Quimper, Nantes, Paris, Illzach, Strasbourg and Tourcoing. This will take employee levels to 600 people, and generate premiums in excess of £400m.
Alec Finch, who will
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand