The annual Hiscox Risk Barometer has revealed that 62% are playing a dangerous game by failing to protect themselves against possible employee legal action, even though one third are concerned that they could become a victim of the UK’s growing compensation culture.
Government figures show the number of cases brought to employment tribunals increased to almost 133,000 last year, with claims relating to unfair dismissal and equal pay accounting for most cases.
A poorly-worded dismissal email
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017