The annual Hiscox Risk Barometer has revealed that 62% are playing a dangerous game by failing to protect themselves against possible employee legal action, even though one third are concerned that they could become a victim of the UK’s growing compensation culture.
Government figures show the number of cases brought to employment tribunals increased to almost 133,000 last year, with claims relating to unfair dismissal and equal pay accounting for most cases.
A poorly-worded dismissal email
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018