The Environment Agency is urging people to stay away from exposed coastal areas and to prepare for the risk of high waves and flooding in Wales, the south west and southern England. A total of 36 flood warnings are currently in place.
The Met Office predicts that southwesterly winds could gust up to 85mph at times in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Paul Leinster, the Environment Agency’s director of operations, said the “potent cocktail of strong winds, wave action and high tides” would
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products