The Environment Agency is urging people to stay away from exposed coastal areas and to prepare for the risk of high waves and flooding in Wales, the south west and southern England. A total of 36 flood warnings are currently in place.
The Met Office predicts that southwesterly winds could gust up to 85mph at times in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Paul Leinster, the Environment Agency’s director of operations, said the “potent cocktail of strong winds, wave action and high tides” would la
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services