The move, set out by the Government in last week's pre-budget report, will bring the projects forward the 2009/10 from 2010/11.
The final approval for the projects will be determined in February 2009, following the necessary feasibility studies and planning applications. The extra £20m will provide a significant boost to the economy, helping to create jobs and investment in critical infrastructure.
Schemes that have been given the provisional go-ahead to commence work in 2009/10 include:A comprehe
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti