The move, set out by the Government in last week's pre-budget report, will bring the projects forward the 2009/10 from 2010/11.
The final approval for the projects will be determined in February 2009, following the necessary feasibility studies and planning applications. The extra £20m will provide a significant boost to the economy, helping to create jobs and investment in critical infrastructure.
Schemes that have been given the provisional go-ahead to commence work in 2009/10 include:A
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK