This new underwriting unit, which is due to commence business shortly subject to Lloyd's and US regulatory approval, will act as a conduit to service business locally on behalf of Lloyd's Syndicate 2987, managed by Brit Syndicates.
Brit Insurance Services (USA) will be headed by Nicholas Davies, formerly of Brit Insurance, who returns after two and a half years at Western Re. Davies will be joined by Andrew Murnieks, currently in Brit Insurance's Global Markets team.
The operation was conceived in
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?