This new underwriting unit, which is due to commence business shortly subject to Lloyd's and US regulatory approval, will act as a conduit to service business locally on behalf of Lloyd's Syndicate 2987, managed by Brit Syndicates.
Brit Insurance Services (USA) will be headed by Nicholas Davies, formerly of Brit Insurance, who returns after two and a half years at Western Re. Davies will be joined by Andrew Murnieks, currently in Brit Insurance's Global Markets team.
The operation was conceived in
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product