The 2006/07 Annual Small Business Survey also revealed 65% of small businesses with employees had ambitions to grow for the coming years, representing a nine percentage point increase on the previous year.
The survey confirmed what ministers recently discovered when they met over 600 small business owners around the country.
Releasing the survey, business minister Shriti Vadera said: "The positive findings - of businesses intending to grow and introducing innovation - are indicators of a
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products