The 2006/07 Annual Small Business Survey also revealed 65% of small businesses with employees had ambitions to grow for the coming years, representing a nine percentage point increase on the previous year.
The survey confirmed what ministers recently discovered when they met over 600 small business owners around the country.
Releasing the survey, business minister Shriti Vadera said: "The positive findings - of businesses intending to grow and introducing innovation - are indicators of a hea
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall