He was appointed at the Association's AGM on 18 July and succeeds Keith Satchell who has concluded his two-year term.
Archie was appointed chief executive of Scottish Widows in 2003. He is also group executive Director, Insurance and Investments at Lloyds TSB Group. He joined the main board of Lloyds TSB Group in 2000.
Archie Kane said today: "It is a great honour for me to become chairman at this exciting time for the industry. The industry has responded well to the recent floods around the
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall