Brokers have been advised to stay on top of how technology could change the sector following a warning that they could be cut out of the market if they fail to embrace or take the lead on digital changes (www.insuranceage.co.uk/ 2413496).
The sweeping developments in digital technology, which include driverless cars, the connected home, social media and the threat of an entirely new insurance model, is an issue that the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) is monitoring closely.
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth