Brokers have been advised to stay on top of how technology could change the sector following a warning that they could be cut out of the market if they fail to embrace or take the lead on digital changes (www.insuranceage.co.uk/ 2413496).
The sweeping developments in digital technology, which include driverless cars, the connected home, social media and the threat of an entirely new insurance model, is an issue that the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) is monitoring closely.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product