In the age of Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulation and direct competition, setting up a brokerage can seem a daunting task.
Insurance Age spoke to Gary O'Donnell, director, and Howard Lickens, MD of Clear Insurance Management, to find out how they established a brokerage four years ago.
Why did you decide to set up an insurance broking firm?
Gary: I had got to the end of the road where I was working as the directors didn't share the same objectives and no investment was being made in t
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future