In the age of Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulation and direct competition, setting up a brokerage can seem a daunting task.
Insurance Age spoke to Gary O'Donnell, director, and Howard Lickens, MD of Clear Insurance Management, to find out how they established a brokerage four years ago.
Why did you decide to set up an insurance broking firm?
Gary: I had got to the end of the road where I was working as the directors didn't share the same objectives and no investment was being made in t
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups