In the age of Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulation and direct competition, setting up a brokerage can seem a daunting task.
Insurance Age spoke to Gary O'Donnell, director, and Howard Lickens, MD of Clear Insurance Management, to find out how they established a brokerage four years ago.
Why did you decide to set up an insurance broking firm?
Gary: I had got to the end of the road where I was working as the directors didn't share the same objectives and no investment was being made in
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?