Amanda Blanc belongs to a breed within the insurance sector that has been swelling its ranks of late - the gamekeeper turned poacher. The phenomenon of ex-insurance company heads joining brokerages has picked up a head of steam lately, with the high-profile defections of Norwich Union's Patrick Snowball and Royal and SunAlliance's Brendan McManus to Towergate and Willis, respectively.
However, Ms Blanc was ahead of the pack, having made the move from Groupama to assume the role of chief executive
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?