Amanda Blanc belongs to a breed within the insurance sector that has been swelling its ranks of late - the gamekeeper turned poacher. The phenomenon of ex-insurance company heads joining brokerages has picked up a head of steam lately, with the high-profile defections of Norwich Union's Patrick Snowball and Royal and SunAlliance's Brendan McManus to Towergate and Willis, respectively.
However, Ms Blanc was ahead of the pack, having made the move from Groupama to assume the role of chief executive
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April