The first topic under the microscope was the threat from the direct market and how brokers can fight back, with participants giving an upbeat view of the present and the future.
Also under consideration was whether or not the economy is really starting to show signs of recovery and, if so, what it means for brokers. This engendered a more mixed response as participants detailed how various different industries were weathering the financial storm.
And the discussion, held under Chatham House rule
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData