The first topic under the microscope was the threat from the direct market and how brokers can fight back, with participants giving an upbeat view of the present and the future.
Also under consideration was whether or not the economy is really starting to show signs of recovery and, if so, what it means for brokers. This engendered a more mixed response as participants detailed how various different industries were weathering the financial storm.
And the discussion, held under Chatham House rule
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices
- HNW Forum: Experts debate impact of MGAs on the market