It feels a little like the first day at school or starting a new job. All the same doubts resurface: will I be any good, will the other kids like me, am I in the process of making a huge mistake, am I wearing the right shoes? The last one doesn't really apply but the feelings do.
But then again, it's just a blog.
All of the Insurance Age team (myself, Louise Meeson, our news editor, and Liz McMahon, senior reporter) will be contributing and hopefully you, the reader, will be entertained, informed or enraged enough to leave comments and engage in a bit of debate. Then again, you might just want to read it, yawn, scratch yourself and move on. It's up to you.
But what will this brave new blog cover? Will it unearth great truths about the industry? Will it shine the torch of truth where previously there has only been darkness and deceit? Will the great and the not-so-good quake at the thought of its publication?
To be honest, probably not, but we will cover the market, its characters and their foibles, its ups and its downs, our observations on all this and of course we will pass on any gossip we hear.
We genuinely have no idea how this is going to turn out but stick with us - at the very least, it should be fun.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData