It feels a little like the first day at school or starting a new job. All the same doubts resurface: will I be any good, will the other kids like me, am I in the process of making a huge mistake, am I wearing the right shoes? The last one doesn't really apply but the feelings do.
But then again, it's just a blog.
All of the Insurance Age team (myself, Louise Meeson, our news editor, and Liz McMahon, senior reporter) will be contributing and hopefully you, the reader, will be entertained, informed or enraged enough to leave comments and engage in a bit of debate. Then again, you might just want to read it, yawn, scratch yourself and move on. It's up to you.
But what will this brave new blog cover? Will it unearth great truths about the industry? Will it shine the torch of truth where previously there has only been darkness and deceit? Will the great and the not-so-good quake at the thought of its publication?
To be honest, probably not, but we will cover the market, its characters and their foibles, its ups and its downs, our observations on all this and of course we will pass on any gossip we hear.
We genuinely have no idea how this is going to turn out but stick with us - at the very least, it should be fun.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues