Stoke is famous for its pottery, mining and footballer Stanley Matthews, known as ‘The Wizard of the Dribble’.
However, in June 2016, the city became widely known as the ‘capital of Brexit’ after 70% of the population voted to leave the European Union.
Then in January this year Tristram Hunt, MP for Stoke-on-Trent Central resigned and took up a job as director of the Victoria and Albert (V&A) Museum in London.
This triggered a by-election and exposed Stoke to huge media scrutiny.
There was i
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Revenue growth for Seventeen Group
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018