Stoke is famous for its pottery, mining and footballer Stanley Matthews, known as ‘The Wizard of the Dribble’.
However, in June 2016, the city became widely known as the ‘capital of Brexit’ after 70% of the population voted to leave the European Union.
Then in January this year Tristram Hunt, MP for Stoke-on-Trent Central resigned and took up a job as director of the Victoria and Albert (V&A) Museum in London.
This triggered a by-election and exposed Stoke to huge media scrutiny.
There was i
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five