The Government's two consultations on the implementation of Jackson's Review of Civil Litigation Costs and the reform of legal aid are due to close on 14 February.
Key recommendations from Jackson included a ban on personal injury referral fees, the introduction of one-way cost shifting and making conditional fee arrangements (CFAs), including success fees, irrecoverable.
The Government gave its backing to a majority of the proposals but said it was awaiting a final report from the Legal
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed