The Court of Appeal has ruled people with pleural plaques should no longer be eligible for compensation.
The Lord Chief Justice, Lord Phillips, ruled that pleural plaques do not constitute damage for the purpose of a personal injury claim and as a result should not be compensatable.
However, it looks almost certain that the case will now head for the House of Lords, following the Lord Chief Justice's decision to grant leave of appeal.
Pleural plaques are a scarring of the chest wall between the
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData