The Court of Appeal has ruled people with pleural plaques should no longer be eligible for compensation.
The Lord Chief Justice, Lord Phillips, ruled that pleural plaques do not constitute damage for the purpose of a personal injury claim and as a result should not be compensatable.
However, it looks almost certain that the case will now head for the House of Lords, following the Lord Chief Justice's decision to grant leave of appeal.
Pleural plaques are a scarring of the chest wall between the
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey