The UK's small businesses are risking their livelihoods due to the irresponsible disposal of smokers' materials, according to research by Royal & Sun Alliance (RSA). The insurer estimates that out of nearly two and a half million small businesses that allow smoking on their premises, over half take no greater precaution than providing an ashtray.
Latest figures show that in 2002, over 2,000 businesses suffered a fire that had been caused by the inadequate disposal of smokers' materials.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups