The UK's small businesses are risking their livelihoods due to the irresponsible disposal of smokers' materials, according to research by Royal & Sun Alliance (RSA). The insurer estimates that out of nearly two and a half million small businesses that allow smoking on their premises, over half take no greater precaution than providing an ashtray.
Latest figures show that in 2002, over 2,000 businesses suffered a fire that had been caused by the inadequate disposal of smokers' materials.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti