Binding authorities give brokers the ability to deliver a far more flexible and tailored service to their clients. Underwriters also benefit as they cut the administrative burden of reviewing and approving each and every change in terms.
Binding authorities also empower the broker to act on the insurer's behalf and they are granted to firms that can demonstrate the highest standards of professional competence and risk management.
Given the interest professional indemnity (PI) insurers are now
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures