Three years ago, a Datamonitor survey predicted the fastest growing area of claims would be the liabilities sector.
It foresaw costs rising at 5.6% per annum until 2006, driven by growing claims in respect of work-related stress, mobile telephone use, deep vein thrombosis and "a continuation of the litigious culture in the UK".
Datamonitor was not alone in its fears about the state of liability insurance. At that time, there were plenty of reports of firms under threat of closure because they
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers