The cranes dotted around its historical landmarks and the bustling activity coming from a myriad of construction sites are testament to the fact that Leeds is undergoing the latest stage of its makeover.
Like many of its northern neighbours the city has, for the last quarter of a century, been making the transition from industrial heartland to service centre.
A 2004 report commissioned by Yorkshire Forward and the Leeds Financial Services Initiative predicted that Leeds could become the larges
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022