The UK's agricultural industry has failed to learn the logisticallessons of the Foot & Mouth (F&M) disease outbreak two years ago,according to a new report.
The joint study, by Newcastle University's Centre for Rural Economy andthe Institute of Logistics and Transport, found that, were a new epidemicto occur, systems currently in place would do nothing to halt itsspread.
It puts the blame on "lax, careless and illegal" movement of livestock,and says that one of the key issues emerging from the
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022