The UK's agricultural industry has failed to learn the logisticallessons of the Foot & Mouth (F&M) disease outbreak two years ago,according to a new report.
The joint study, by Newcastle University's Centre for Rural Economy andthe Institute of Logistics and Transport, found that, were a new epidemicto occur, systems currently in place would do nothing to halt itsspread.
It puts the blame on "lax, careless and illegal" movement of livestock,and says that one of the key issues emerging from the
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- Geoff Kirk joins GRP’s Marshall Wooldridge as MD
- Roundtable: The tech revolution
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018